PKF Francis Clark is celebrating being certified as a Great Place to Work for a second year running.
The accolade is a direct result of feedback from colleagues in an independent survey by Great Place to Work, the global authority on workplace culture. It found that overall 87% of employees say PKF Francis Clark is a great place to work, compared to 54% at a typical UK company.
Colleagues were also asked to name anything unique or unusual that makes PKF Francis Clark a great place to work. Anonymous comments included:
- “The fact that despite having 900 employees over nine offices they still make it feel like being part of a big family, and they nurture the sense of belonging. You’re not a number here, you are respected and appreciated for the role that you play.”
- “They recently placed me on a leadership programme which I think clearly demonstrates a commitment to those like myself who are perhaps in the latter years of their working career. It is refreshing and the programme has helped me develop my team further.”
- “Constant thought about who you are as a person, ensuring your work/life balance is manageable and improvements to the office to enable a strong social aspect at work.”
The in-depth Great Place to Work survey found PKF Francis Clark scored above the benchmark for the UK’s Best Large Workplaces in 26 out of 29 focus areas. The firm’s strongest areas include:
- Camaraderie – colleagues’ sense of enjoyment in the workplace, including freedom to express themselves, the sense of hospitality in the office environment and the feeling of being part of a community
- Support – the provision of training opportunities, resources and equipment, as well as appreciation of professional accomplishments
- Intimacy – people’s enjoyment of their colleagues, their sense that they can be themselves, and can count on and support each other
Amy Taylor, chief people officer at PKF Francis Clark, said: “It’s fantastic that our colleagues have once again rated us as a Great Place to Work, with improved scores across the board since the first time we took part in this survey a year ago.
“The UK’s Best Large Workplaces are an elite group, so to outperform this benchmark in almost all areas is hugely encouraging. The areas where we saw the biggest improvement reflect some key initiatives, including one-to-one conversations with all colleagues as part of our annual pay review process, investment in enhancing our office environments and our new leadership programmes. These have been driven by our ongoing colleague listening programme, so it’s great to see they’re having a positive impact.”
The certification means PKF Francis Clark is in the running to be recognised at the UK’s Best Workplaces Awards 2024, which will be held in London in March.
Benedict Gautrey, managing director of Great Place to Work UK, said: “We congratulate PKF Francis Clark on achieving their certification. Organisations which put the employee experience at the heart of their business gain their employees’ trust and, in turn, are truly able to build a great workplace culture that delivers outstanding business results.”
More information can be found at careers.pkf-francisclark.co.uk.