Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Hinkley Supply Chain
EDF Energy and its partner investors have commenced the multi-billion construction of Hinkley Point C which is a 3.2 GW nuclear power plant with two EPR reactors (each of 1.6GW). It should produce almost four times more electricity than the Hinkley Point B station’s two reactors.
As part of its procurement strategy for Hinkley Point C, EDF Energy has partnered with the Somerset Chamber of Commerce to manage the Hinkley Supply Chain Team which is delivering a supply chain solution for EDF Energy and its contractors by engaging with both Somerset and South West businesses that want to become part of the supply chain.
With 90 Tier 1 contractors each planning to deliver £100’s of million value contracts and each with multiple Tier 2 and 3 supply chain requirements the opportunity for local and south west supplier is both large and complex. Click here to see more information from EDF Energy on the Hinkley Point C power plant.
The Hinkley Supply Chain Team is delivering the following:
- Capturing the details of Somerset and South West businesses and mapping their core capabilities against Hinkley C project requirements.
- Matching suppliers with EDF Energy and Tier 1 contractor work package requirements.
- Co-chairing and enabling the Site Operations and Industrial Partner steering groups that oversee the developing supply chain response.
- Communicate project and work package news and information to suppliers registered on this supplier portal.
- Broker relevant business support to help suppliers meet quality and safety standards.
To find out more, visit the dedicated Somerset Chamber Hinkley Supply Chain website.