Judges and sponsors (pictured main page) are gearing up for a late flurry of entries as there are just two weeks left to enter the Somerset Business Awards 2023! There are 14 categories covering businesses, organisations and charities of all sizes and from all sectors – but the deadline for applications is fast approaching on Friday, November 25.
The awards are organised by Somerset Chamber of Commerce and are now in their 18th year. They recognise and celebrate the very best of Somerset’s wide range of businesses and organisations.
Entrants do not need to be a member of the Chamber to take part and the awards are free to enter. Once again, leading accountancy firm Albert Goodman is the main sponsor.
The judges will draw up their shortlists by mid-December, with the finalists announced in February. Local BBC journalist and broadcaster Claire Carter will host the awards’ grand final at the Winter Gardens Pavilion, in Weston-super-Mare, on March 24, 2023.
New for this year is the Apprentice of the Year Award, while there are new criteria for each of the Small, Medium and Large Business of the Year Award categories.
Emma Rawlings, Chief Executive of Somerset Chamber, thanked awards sponsors for their support and encouraged businesses to give the awards a go: “There is something for everyone in the Somerset Business Awards but time really is running out!
“There are just two weeks left for businesses, charities and organisations to submit their applications. It’s a great opportunity to celebrate everything that is great about your team, especially when trading conditions are so challenging.”
Michael Cahill, a Partner at Albert Goodman, said: “The Somerset Business Awards are a brilliant opportunity to showcase everything that is fantastic about your business.
“Over our many years as main sponsor, we’ve seen some excellent business enter the awards and then go on to even greater things. Entering the awards is a great chance to boost your profile, boost staff morale and ultimately boost your business.”
Awards this year are:
- Small Business of the Year (turnover up to £0.5 million) sponsored by Enterprise South West
- Medium Business of the Year (turnover up to £6 million) sponsored by Higos Insurance Services
- Large Business of the Year (turnover over £6 million) sponsored by Brook Financial
- Albert Goodman Family Business of the Year Award
- Best Use of Technology Award sponsored by Porter Dodson
- Charity of the Year Award sponsored by Clarke Willmott
- Employer of the Year sponsored by Elite Staffing Solutions
- Investing in Somerset Award sponsored by Hinkley Point C
- Start-up of the Year Award sponsored by Teapot Creative
- Apprentice of the Award (new award) sponsored by Weston College
- Environmental Achievement Award sponsored by Gravity
- Service Excellence Award sponsored by Stephens Scown
- Somerset Manufacturer and Producer Award sponsored by SRD Technology UK
- Rebuild and Thrive Award sponsored by Barclays UK
More information about the awards and sponsors, including media sponsors the Somerset County Gazette Series and Global, is available on the website www.somersetbusinessawards.org.uk.