There is just one month left to enter the Somerset Business Awards 2023 as the closing date is fast approaching!
The awards are the county’s biggest and most prestigious annual business awards and are organised by Somerset Chamber of Commerce to celebrate the very best of the county’s businesses.
They are free to enter and businesses do not need to be a member of the Chamber to take part. Once again, leading accountancy firm Albert Goodman will be the main sponsor, with the awards culminating in a gala final on March 24.
Michael Cahill, a Partner at Albert Goodman, said: “The Somerset Business Awards are a brilliant opportunity to showcase everything that is fantastic about your business.
“Over our many years as main sponsor, we’ve seen some excellent business enter the awards and then go on to even greater things. Entering the awards is a great chance to boost your profile, boost staff morale and ultimately boost your business.”
There is a new award for 2023 – Apprentice of the Year – and new criteria for the hotly-contested Small, Medium and Large Business of the Year Awards.
Businesses have until November 25 to submit their entries via the Somerset Business Awards website at www.somersetbusinessawards.org.uk.
Emma Rawlings, Chief Executive of Somerset Chamber of Commerce, said: “I am grateful for the sponsorship of so many of Somerset’s leading businesses who, like me, are keen to celebrate Somerset’s incredible business community, especially when so many are working exceptionally hard to tackle today’s challenging business conditions.
“The Somerset Business Awards covers all business sectors across a wide range of categories and I would encourage all local businesses to enter the awards to share their own success stories and celebrate their achievements.”
As well as the individual award sponsors, the awards are also supported by media sponsors Newsquest and the Somerset County Gazette Series and Global.
Awards this year are:
- Small Business of the Year (turnover up to £0.5 million) sponsored by Enterprise South West
- Medium Business of the Year (turnover up to £6 million) sponsored by Higos Insurance Services
- Large Business of the Year (turnover over £6 million) sponsored by Brook Financial
- Albert Goodman Family Business of the Year Award
- Best Use of Technology Award sponsored by Porter Dodson
- Charity of the Year Award sponsored by Clarke Willmott
- Employer of the Year sponsored by Elite Staffing Solutions
- Investing in Somerset Award sponsored by Hinkley Point C
- Start-up of the Year Award sponsored by Teapot Creative
- Apprentice of the Award (new award) sponsored by Weston College
- Environmental Achievement Award sponsored by Gravity
- Service Excellence Award sponsored by Stephens Scown
- Somerset Manufacturer and Producer Award sponsored by SRD Technology UK
- Rebuild and Thrive Award sponsored by Barclays UK