The deadline is fast approaching to enter the Somerset Business Awards 2024! Companies, charities and organisations have until midday on Friday, November 24 to take part.
Categories this year include a new Business Resilience and Growth Award to recognise businesses which, despite the soaring costs of doing business, have reinvented their offering to go from strength-to-strength.
There is also a new-look Manufacturing and Engineering Award, together with awards for the Best Use of Digital Technology and Environmental and Sustainability.
The awards, which are organised annually by Somerset Chamber of Commerce, are now in their 19th year and honour the very best of the county’s businesses, from small start-ups to large-scale employers and from engineering pioneers to high-flying apprentices
They are free to enter and businesses do not need to be a member of the Chamber to take part. Once again, leading accountancy firm Albert Goodman is the main sponsor, with the awards culminating in a gala final on March 22 next year.
Emma Rawlings, Chief Executive of Somerset Chamber of Commerce, said: “There are 14 categories which cover all sectors and sizes of businesses and charities. Taking part is a great way to raise your profile, engage your staff and celebrate your achievements.”
Mike Cahill, a Partner at Albert Goodman, said: “The Somerset Business Awards are a brilliant opportunity to showcase everything that is fantastic about your business.
“This is our fourteenth year as main sponsor and we have seen some excellent businesses enter the awards and then go on to even greater things. The awards are a fantastic celebration of the very best of Somerset business, and entering is a great chance to boost your profile, boost staff morale and ultimately boost your business.”
Awards this year are:
- Small Business of the Year (turnover up to £0.5 million) sponsored Gather Technology Ltd
- Medium Business of the Year (turnover up to £6 million) sponsored by Higos Insurance Services
- Large Business of the Year (turnover over £6 million) sponsored by Stephens Scown
- Albert Goodman Family Business of the Year Award
- Best Use of Digital Technology Award sponsored by Teapot Creative
- Charity of the Year Award sponsored by Clarke Willmott
- Employer of the Year sponsored by Blossom HR
- Investing in Somerset Award sponsored by Hinkley Point C
- Start-up of the Year Award sponsored by Westcotts
- Apprentice of the Year Award sponsored by Weston College
- Environmental and Sustainability Award sponsored by Gravity
- Service Excellence Award sponsored by Porter Dodson
- Somerset Manufacturing and Engineering Award sponsored by Leonardo UK
- Business Resilience and Growth Award sponsored by Barclays UK
The Somerset Business Awards 2024 media sponsors are Newsquest and the Somerset County Gazette Series and Global.
All entries must be submitted via the Somerset Business Awards website at www.somersetbusinessawards.org.uk.