Think differently about your future with Yeovil College University Centre; unlock your potential and fulfil your dreams.
Yeovil College University Centre works with three top institutions; Bournemouth University, University of the West of England and the University of Gloucestershire, and many professional bodies to bring you a range of excellent, industry-recognised qualifications. We work collaboratively as a community to the benefit of our students, ensuring that you have local access to a wide range of high-quality courses, excellent teaching and support services.
The Clearing process gives you the chance to finalise your options for this coming September start dates. You can use Clearing to find a place at university if you didn’t receive any offers, declined any offers you did receive, didn’t meet the conditions of your offers, or applied after 30 June. At Yeovil College University Centre (YCUC), we have a variety of courses with spaces for this coming September so if you want to stay local and not miss out on a University education then speak to the staff at YCUC to find out more.
“We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity of university-level education and we are proud to be able to offer you a high-quality experience from our modern facilities at your local College, right here in Yeovil. That belief drives and inspires our teaching, our staff, our students and the businesses we work with. We see it as our obligation to the community, not only to the current generation, but to future learners, and that passion has been commended by the QAA in their Higher Education Review in spring 2016.” John Evans Principal of Yeovil College.
Why Choose Yeovil College University Centre?
- Choice – You can pick from a huge range of Foundation and Undergraduate Degree course, Higher Nationals and professional qualifications.
- Dedicated space – The facilities are centred around helping you achieve success. You have your own space at the University Centre, including a study area, lounge and a range of computer suites
- First class facilities – In your down time try out the other great facilities on campus. There are fantastic restaurant, gym, beauty salon, hair salon, Students union and sports clubs. There is also a huge range of facilities to make your life easier – Free Wi-Fi, virtual learning environment (VLE) Learning resource centre, e-journals and 24/7 access to IT facilities
- Stay Local – The University Centre is based in the heart of Yeovil, which means great transport links, on-site car parking and good access
- Quality – It is the Best in the West following a recent HE Review carried out by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
Aimee Kingdon a student at Yeovil College University Centre said “I have really enjoyed my time at the University Centre, I have learnt so much from the staff who were always on hand if you needed help. I have found working full-time and combining my studies worked well as the University Centre is local to me and easy to access”
Yeovil College is celebrating its 130th Birthday this academic year; it has been serving the community in and around Yeovil since 1887. The College was first formed when Somerset County Council began formally organising Science and Art classes in Yeovil. In 1947, the first Principal was appointed to lead Yeovil Technical College and when secondary education in the Yeovil Borough was reorganised in 1974, Yeovil College became one of the early tertiary colleges to be formed in England.
Today, Yeovil College remains passionate about its role as a key provider of education and training in South Somerset and North and West Dorset. It remains committed to its role as a tertiary college for the whole community and currently supports around 5000 full and part-time students.
For more information on Yeovil College University Centre, please visit www.ucy.ac.uk