Small and medium sized enterprises in Somerset are being urged to take advantage of fully funded skills training for their workforce available as part of the Heart of the South West Apprenticeship Service, before the deadline to utilise the funds in March 2019.
The service can provide eligible businesses within Devon and Somerset with:
- Recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses for your employees to enhance their skills and progress into apprenticeships.
- Business support to enable you to take advantage of Apprenticeship opportunities that work for your business and current employees.
Businesses can take advantage of one or both of these opportunities.
You can benefit from a wide variety of recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses like leadership and management, technical skills training and higher level skills.
In addition Apprenticeships are a great way of developing your workforce further, training your team with the skills they need and allowing you to bring new talent through the ranks to help your business succeed.
The service offers a support, advice and brokerage service that will help you to:
- Decide which Apprenticeships are right for your existing employees
- Find a local Apprenticeship provider that can support you
- Find out what Government Funding is available to you
- Understand the implications of the new way Apprenticeships are funded to your business
- Solve recruitment challenges by explaining the services available to you on recruiting new Apprentices.
Participants have benefited from increased employee confidence, motivation and productivity and improved employee loyalty and retention.
The programme is co-financed by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). This means that there is no cost to your business.
The service is managed by Serco and delivered through a network of carefully selected high quality training providers. Serco work in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
To enquire about eligibility for funded training available through the Heart of the South West Apprenticeship Service, or to find out more about Apprenticeships contact Kirsty Mottram on:
E: email@example.com T: 01752 968026