The Hub of Business Influence
As the hub of business influence in the county, the Somerset Chamber has developed a wide range of strategic partnerships. The aim is to represent the views and interests of Somerset businesses and ensure they are kept well informed, as well as raising the profile of the area generally.
The Somerset Chamber works closely with other business-focused organisations within and outside the county, maintaining involvement in a number of projects that have an impact on the Somerset economy. Some of these activities and partners are outlined in this section.
A target in the current business plan requires the Chamber to maintain at least two external project contracts, and to seek additional revenue generation. Ongoing the Chamber will:
Issues that we regard as likely to be important in the coming year will include:-
• Pressurising Government to improve the road infrastructure along the A303 and A358
• Continued emphasis on the skills agenda
• Improved broadband capacity and connectivity
• Access to finance for businesses to grow
• Making the Heart of the South West LEP work towards stimulating job growth
• Promotion of overseas opportunities for international trade and inward investment
Back to the top
Back to Business Network